Forest School is an inspirational process that offers our children unique opportunities to achieve, develop confidence and self-esteem, through hands on learning experiences in our outdoor environment. This is achieved through the following principles:
- Forest School is inclusive; it is for all children.
- Forest School builds on a child's innate motivation and positive attitude to learning, offering them the opportunities to take risks, make choices and initiate learning for themselves.
- Forest School is organised and run by Mrs Magnusson, our qualified Forest School leader, with help from staff and volunteers.
- Forest School maximises the learning potential of the outdoor environment through frequent and regular experiences during the year, not just a one-off visit.
- Forest School helps children to understand, appreciate and care for the natural environment.